It can be used to show the three dimensional nature of the following:
- forces between magnetic poles
- induced magnetism
- the shapes of magnetic fields between like and unlike poles
- direction of a magnetic field around a bar magnet, a wire or a coil
- properties of a field produced by an electric current.
- the direction and dip of the Earth's magnetic field.
The Mark I is more sensitive than the Mark II, being mounted on precision bearings and balanced to show the dip of the Earth's magnetic field.
Suitable from Key Stage 3 to university levels of Physics education.
Customer reviews shown below. Leave a review
Service and delivery:
Age of user: 18+
MagnaprobeTM Magnetic Field Indicator Mark I
Submitted by: Dr Joe Loughry (24/04/2018)
I'm using it for optimizing the field shape around an R&D project. The bearings are smooth; it's a very sensitive instrument. I am completely happy with it.