Home Schooling Tips and Sets Available
Posted 18th May 2020
Whilst we #StayHome and look after ourselves at this time, there are many resources available from us which can assist in home schooling science topics!
Here are a few ideas which can be demonstrated with Cochranes of Oxford products:
- Early Years - exploring bubbles with our Kubic Bubbles set
- Primary Years - exploring Maths through construction for geometry lessons
- Secondary Years - we have an extensive range of Modelling crystals where you can study their structures and DNA RNA models for Biochemistry study
- Waves and fluidity: For an easy, demonstration physics solution Cochranes of Oxford has the perfect transverse wave machine and teachers resource
How about studying Space!
- This guide from the British Science Week website describes everything you need to do to have a fantastic space-themed event at home and also gives tips for the next steps to really develop space education when you are back at school. To see all Cochranes of Oxford Astronomy sets and models that can be used at home click here.
Let's Go Fly A Kite!
- The weather is fine and whilst we have to study at home, some topics can be done outdoors (safely and within suggested social distancing guidelines) to look at design and technology or Art! Our range of recreational kites is fanatastic - including the holographic UFO-SAM, educational kite making kits (to colour and build!) and books, parts and materials!